Sunday, April 14, 2013

Save money on shaving cream!

It's been awhile since I posted a frugal tip, so I wanted to share the newest way I've found to save some money.
I was looking into making a homemade shaving cream and through my research I found, the biggest emphasis for a shaving product was its moisturizing ability. I did come across a recipe for a DIY version, but I ended up not going this route. I instead found a tip to just use hair conditioner! So, I went to Walmart and picked up some moisturizing hair conditioner for $1. I gave it a try and was very impressed! It worked great and my legs stayed smooth the next day after shaving.
Not only is the bottle of conditioner under a third of the price as shaving cream, its also a much larger quantity, so will last longer!



If you'd like to make your legs even smoother, try out this homemade exfoliator recipe. It only takes 3 ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. Just be careful because it makes your tub very slippery!
 I use the exfoliator first, then wash most of it off with soap so that it doesn't clog my razor when I shave. The first time I tried the exfoliator, I shaved right after and wrecked my brand new blade!
I hope you found this money saving tip useful!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment