Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY Bathtub Paint

I think painting is so much fun, and I'd love for my daughter to spend hours creating wonderful pictures with paint, but, the thought of how big of a mess she will make since she is only 16 months old and not very coordinated, makes me steer clear of bringing out a canvass and paints for her to dive into. So, when I came across this wonderful recipe for bathtub paint on Pinterest, I just had to give it a try.




Here is what you'll need:
- an ice cube tray
- corn starch
- baby shampoo
- food coloring
- water


 
 
Mix 1 tbsp. cornstarch, 4-6 pumps baby shampoo, 2-3 drops food coloring, and 1-2 tsp water.
Place paint into the compartments of your ice cube tray and you are ready to paint!


 
 
The best thing about bath tub painting is you can strip your baby down to just a diaper or completely sans clothes so the clothes don't get dirty. Also, since this paint is made out of baby shampoo, it rinses right out of your tub and off of your baby with no problem. 
 

 
 
 
This activity will occupy my daughter for 30 minutes. She paints the walls of the tub, she can paint her bath toys, and when there is no more room on the tub, she paints on her feet and legs. Once the paint is all used up I rinse out the tub and ice cube tray, then rinse off my little monkey, and fill the tub up with water so she can have a bath. She also loves bath time, so this activity takes up another 30 minutes of our day. Watching her have so much fun is a hour well spent in my books!


No comments:

Post a Comment