Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cardboard Box House

This past weekend, my daughter and I went to a birthday party for a little boy turning one. At the party was a cute little house made out of cardboard boxes. My little monkey was very interested in the house, she walked up to it a few times and watched the other kids playing in it. She tends to get overwhelmed with lots of other kids around, so she did not go inside, even though I could tell she wanted to.

So the next day I decided we would make her own little cardboard house. I happened to have a big box from a Christmas gift she received. So I cut out a window and a door. I used packing tape to shape the roof as well as tape on a door handle. I also taped around the edges of the cuts so she wouldn't get any paper cuts. Then I drew a few pictures on the inside.

It isn't as elaborate as the house from the party, but at least she has the chance to finally play inside a cardboard house.




Little Monkey loves pulling out the blanket, then putting it back it. Bringing a pillow inside and laying down. She'll pull and push it around the living room to find the perfect spot for it. Then go inside and play peek-a-boo through the window.

I had seen similar projects on pinterest as well as some other neat ideas to craft with cardboard boxes. Have you made any cardboard box masterpieces for the little ones in your life? If so I'd love to know what you came up with! Post them in the comment section below!


I will leave you with a joke I heard on Ellen today:

"What sound does a birds phone make?"

....."Wing Wing!"

Too cute! :)
 
 
UPDATE- (September 5/2013) - I made another bigger cardboard box house. If you'd like to check it out, follow this link!

2 comments: