Monday, July 29, 2013

Banana Muffins

I'm a little behind on the blog again. I had family visit all last week so I focused on visiting instead of blogging. My little monkey sure had fun playing with her cousins! She was pretty upset after they left and the house fell quiet.

Since I haven't posted anything lately I thought I would just share a quick recipe. This is my go to recipe for banana muffins. You can find it in the Company's Coming book, The Rookie Cook.

I had mentioned to my husband yesterday that I was planning on making banana muffins. I didn't end up getting to it, so when the evening hit and hubby asked where the muffins were, he was a little disappointed that there weren't any! (Ooops!) He has to put in a few long days at work, so I decided today that I would get them made and that way when he gets home he will have a treat, and he can take some to work the next couple days too. I don't normally put chocolate chips in my banana muffins, but figured I'd add them this time to make them more special for hubby. He isn't a fan of bananas but doesn't mind them in muffins, and adding chocolate into the muffins is a definite bonus for him!


This recipe can be made into a Banana Cake, or muffins.

-margarine or butter, softened    1/2 cup
-granulated sugar                        1 1/4 cups
-Large eggs                                  2
-vanilla                                          1 tsp

-all-purpose flour                          2 cups
-baking powder                           2 1/2 tsp
-baking soda                                1/2 tsp
-salt                                              1/4 tsp

-mashed banana                          about 3 medium ( 1 1/2 cups)

Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla together in large bowl until light and fluffy.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.

Add flour mixture to margarine mixture in 3 additions, alternating with banana in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat on low until batter is smooth. 

FOR CAKE- Turn into 2 greased 8 inch round pans. Bake in 350F oven for25 mins until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 mins before turning out onto wire racks to cool. Makes one 2 layer cake. Cuts into 16 wedges.

FOR MUFFINS- Fill muffin cups 3/4 fulll. Bake in 350F oven for 15 to 17 mins until wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. (I have found it takes about 25 mins for them to be completely cooked) Cool in pan for 5 mins before removing to wire racks to cool. Makes 2 dozen muffins.

Optional- If you want to add chocolate chips, mix in 3/4 package of your favourite chocolate chips before baking.






No comments:

Post a Comment