Friday, February 22, 2013

Salsa Chicken Wraps

Last night I tried a new recipe. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier so I found this recipe on www.bodybuilding.com.


It's a crockpot recipe so it's perfect for all you busy women out there.

5lbs chicken breasts (thawed)
16oz jar salsa
28 oz can no sodium diced tomatoes

put in slow cooker on high 3-4hrs or low 7-8hrs
shred chicken with fork

serve on rice, tortilla or eat alone.

I put mine on ancient grain tortilla wraps with spinach; low fat plain greek yogurt and a little bit of lime juice.

It tasted good but was quite messy. Lots of liquid seeped from my wrap, but to be fair, I didn't put in as much chicken as the recipe called for. Maybe that would have made it thicker and less watery?

My 15 month daughter sure loved it. She had 3 helpings!

No comments:

Post a Comment