Saturday, January 17, 2015

Chunky Ribbed Infinity Scarf

Here is my project for the month of January in the creative challenge I wrote about in my previous blog post.



I had a little bit of left over yarn from the chunky blanket I made and since I loved the teal color so much, I wanted to make a scarf with it.

This is a really simple crochet design but I love the look of the ribbing. I've seen this stitch used for sweaters/cardigans and I thought it would look so good as a scarf.
All it consists of is rows of single crochet made in the back loops only. Here's what you need to make one of your own.

Materials: 
-Chunky yarn (sorry I don't have a yardage amount as I just used left overs from a previous project) You can use more or less yarn depending on how wide you want to make your scarf.
-10mm crochet hook

Gauge:
- does not matter. Just make your scarf 60" long

Directions:
- R1- Foundation Single Crochet until you reach a 60" long chain. (Alternatively you could make a chain just longer than 60 inches then turn your work and single crochet back along the length of your chain.)
-R2- Chain 1, turn. SC in back loops only in each FSC (or SC).
-R2- Chain 1, turn. SC in back loops only in each SC.
- Repeat round 2 until you reach desired width of scarf.
-Leave long enough tail on finishing yarn to join ends of scarf into an infinity scarf. Make sure to not twist the scarf before you join ends. Use a whip stitch to join ends.

I made this teal colored scarf 5 inches wide.



I made another one in grey for a gift. The grey one is 6.5 inches wide.



Of course when I finished this scarf the weather warmed up from -35 with windchill to the pluses!!! Is it wrong for me to hope it gets cold again so I can wear this before spring comes?! Lol

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment