Saturday, September 7, 2013

Galatians 6:10

"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

This was the verse of the day on my bible app. I found it quite fitting, as last night I had a friend offer to come over after my daughter went to bed so that my husband and I could have a date away from the house. As a godly woman and mom to young kids herself, she knows the importance of time alone with your spouse, and her generous offer was gratefully accepted! 

Hubby and I grabbed a yummy French Vanilla coffee from Tim Hortons and went for a walk around a local park. It was a very simple date but since it doesn't happen often, it was nice to do.

Sometimes we get lost in our own worlds and busy schedules, and we forget about blessing others. This verse and my friends actions are an encouraging reminder to "do good" for other people. I'm excited to "pay it forward" and make the same offer to another couple!

If you'd like to know more about this friend of mine, check out her blog, monicaswitzer.com. She always has encouraging and uplifting posts about marriage/parenting/spiritual topics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment